Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dear Ayaan Hirsi Ali,

I just finished reading your book: Infidel. I couldn't put it down. I read it on the bus, I read it at work when I wasn't supposed to, I read it standing up and walking down the sidewalk (Which, in truth, is not very wise).

As a young white woman who has grown up in Canada, your story both humbled, and deeply inspired me. I'm eighteen years old with an interest in politics, human rights, and the future of our world. Never before has something moved me this much in the direction of wanting to make a difference. Your book has made me think, even reconsider some of my attitudes on the multicultural policies that my own country hold.

I cannot thank you enough for sharing your story. I wish I could write more but there is so much that I don't know how to say. (And the chances of you reading this are pretty slim).

Inspired and sincerely,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment