Sunday, September 12, 2010

Just Reach

I pre-ordered Halo Reach yesterday, I'm really excited, just like everyone else.

You know what really bothers me, books about God that pretend not to be about God. I shelve a lot of books at work and I come across thees books once and a while. It'll look like a self help or parenting book on the outside, and the back cover with give no indication about religious preference, in fact, the back summary of the book looks completely  religiously indifferent. However, if you open it up, it turns into "How to parent your children with the love of Jesus Christ" Or "Being a more powerful balanced woman by letting God into your soul". It makes me angry, not because I have a problem with parents teaching their children values with the help of the father son and the holy spirit, but because of the sneaky nature the books emit. What if a poor self-respecting atheist just came along and picked up the book, only to open it up to see the word "God" every few words. Rage would ensue, and because I'm in close proximity, I have to listen to it, and to be totally honest, I hate atheist rage. I hate it almost more then Christian rage, but that's another story for another time.

Funfact: Fuck yes motherfuckers. Halo Reaaaccch

No comments:

Post a Comment