Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mortality and Information Technology.

My grandfather is a great man. I'm sure most everyone can say that about someone they're close to, but I beileive it, partially because I owe a great deal of who I am to him.

      It was him who brought us the first computer and taught me how to use it. He had the internet before the rest of you knew what it was. I think when he moves on he will still know more about our computer then my father and mother. He was pirating games and burning them to disks for us long before the pirate bay had their fleet of buccaneers. He backed napster, and when it fell he moved on to Kaazaa. My cousin used his paypal to buy starcraft broodwar on ebay. I used his paypal/ebay to buy neopets stuff. (But that's besides the point). Speaking of neopets, I sent off my "I can use the forums even though I'm under 13" form using my grandparents fax machine.

I guarentee you, this blog would not exsist without my grandfather. I am who am because of a lot of different things, but this is one I can almost pinpoint. I am a second generation gamer and a third generation tech enthousist.

No comments:

Post a Comment