Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Love and Thunderstorms.

So, like, this a blog post I meant to make like A WEEK AND A HALF AGO.

Thunderstorms, have you ever been in the middle of one? With the pouring rain and the purple flashes of light and the rolling booms?

I have. I've been in one.
Standing on the top of a hill.
On a playground.
In the middle of soon to be subdivision (I call it empty suburbia because it's all layed out and the roads are all paved and the lots seperated, but there's nothing except that and a playground. I hope everyday that the company building the houses goes bankrupt so it stays the way it is forever. It's peaceful in a strange poetic kind of way)
And I wasn't cold.
Even though I was sopping wet.
Because I was warm on the inside.
I had this feeling of freedom and peacfulness.
And love, I'm going to say love for lack of a better word.
Because in the thunder and lightning, the rest of the world didn't matter.
My hand was warm.
Because it was clasping another hand.
And as I lay down in the gravel of the new playground and watched the purple flashes of light and soaked myself to the core.
All that mattered was happiness.
And the hand clasping mine.




FUNFACT: I'm happy.

1 comment: