Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm cool with this.

I say things, you know, over and over again, like catch phrases. Every once and a while I'll continually use one until it gets worn out, and then I'll find a new one. One that jumps to my mind that's already been here and gone was "Not like there's anything better to do". You say it with a certain inflection at certain points, and it turns into a thing, you know what I mean?

One that I've been usuing a lot lately is: "WORKIN' ON IT" (Yes, in the real world, I talk in Capslock, s'true) . This surfaced around the same time as "Not like there's anything better to do". I don't remeber exactly how, but my first recollection of usuing it was when I was playing Rock Band. The exchange probably went along the lines of:
Friend: Don't Fail
Hex: WORKIN' ON IT.

It's been kicking around a while, it died down for a while before resurfacing when I had things I reeeaaallly needed to work on. Ehehe.

Another one that's shown up in the middle of my things that I've reeeaaaally needed to work on has been "I'm cool with this" (Again, certain inflections make the whole thing work) 
The funny thing here is that I know exactly where it came from. You know the Christmas Episode of the Fairly Odd Parents, where it's Christmas everyday so everything stays closed?
It's the scene where Chet Ubetcha is doing his special news report on everything being closed.

Chet Ubetcha: Stores are still closed (cut to store, angry people in front)
People: WE WANT FOOD!
Timmy's dad: Like Eggnog!
Chet Ubetcha: Banks are still closed (cut to bank, angry people in front)
People: WE WANT MONEY!
Timmy's dad: To buy Eggnog!
Chet Ubetcha: And Schools are still closed (cut to school)
Chester (Skateboards across the screen) : I'm cool with this.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWIeS_0YB3g&feature=related
About 1:32 seconds in)

2 comments:

  1. Catch Phrases, very nice. I myself must write about Sperm Whales today when I'm tired out of my mind(You know, then norty thoughts come 'round).

    ReplyDelete