Sunday, April 18, 2010

This is a reminder from your past self.

Don't forget to blog about privacy, remeber yesterday when you said "remind me to blog about privacy" Now seems like a good a time as any. Especially after you had to remind your sister one million and a half times to knock on your door before entering. You know, to "respect your privacy" and all that.


    Uhhhhg. Don't remind me. However past self, this is a good idea, privacy is such a big issue these days, also I've been reading about it in this awesome book called "The Peep Diaries" (Which is pretty much what inspired me to write a blog, just sayin') privacy on the internet is basically at extremes, either all your information is available (sometimes super easy to find, sometimes it takes a little bit of research, I'm sure someone could track this back to me pretty simply)  Or you're completely anonymous. Basically privacy on the internet is a joke. If someone wants to find you and kill you, they would and could. That being said, there must not be many people who want to find and kill you, because I don't see many reports on the news about people being killed after being tracked on the internet. 

   The issue with facebook isn't privacy persay, but "Oversharing". When people post bits of information from their daily life that is just a little to personal. Liek: GOT CRUNK, SLEPT AROUND YEAH. 
That is oversharing. Especially when you have your mom or your boss on facebook.

    On a totally unrelated note, anyone remember "The Philosopher Kings"? They had two big hits in 2006 (lol, I was in grade seven, oh, good lame ass times) 'Castles in the Sand' and 'Give Back the Love' . I didn't remember them until I heard them again. Bonus points to those who can figure out (or remember, as the case may be) why I wiki'd these guys in the first place.

Actually, nah, no bonus points, because there are only two of you who would be able to figure it out at all.

Actually, I should probably say it, because this is a documenting blog, and not a... some other type of blog.  And If I don't say it, it probably wont make any sense when I look back on it in 3-5 years. (Which is the point of this blog you know)
Eh, I'll point out the connections next blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahaha.... hahaha... haha.. ha.... ha... hoo... ha
    Guess who has one comment now?

    ReplyDelete